Dear Optimist Guest,
We are pleased to have you with us at the Optimist RV Lot. We look forward to sharing your experiences and providing you with a safe and friendly environment.
The Optimist Club of Reno has been fortunate enough to be a part of the Reno Air Races for many years. This has allowed our club the ability to provide different programs for the youth in our area.
We sponsor a Cub Scout Troop, Boy Scout Troop, Challenger Little League Team and host the end of season barbeque for all the teams and families. In addition, we have built 8 Optimist Youth Clubs who all participate in community service and robotics com- petitions.
We still promote education and try and to find ways to help those in need. One of the other projects that we have participated in is feeding the homeless twice a year. We prepare a meal to feed 300-500 people and enjoy serving those less fortunate.
We can provide these programs in large part because of your patronage. We truly appreciate you choosing us to stay with us while you visit the Reno Air Races. They have bee a large part of tradition and this community for over fifty years.
Here is a link to the Reservation Application: 2019 R.V. Lot Application
The 2018 Air Races are Scheduled for September 11, 12, 13 14 and 15
- Advance Reservations – All reservations must be made by mail and include full payment. See reservation form for cut off dates and prices. All reservations are for the 7 days of the races, Monday through Sunday. THE RV OFFICE WILL CLOSE AT
NOON ON SUNDAY.
- Early Reservations – To insure a reservation for the space you had this year, reservation and full payment must be received by
May 31, 2019. Reservations not received by this date will be released and made available for reassignment. Reassignment will be on a first come first served basis (determined by postmark date). Modifications in actual space assignments may be made for layout changes and/or changes in size and type of vehicle.
- Confirmation & Space Assignment – An acknowledgement card will be sent out within two weeks of receipt of your reservation and
payment. Final confirmation and space assignment will be completed by August 31 for all reservations made by August 15.
Reservations received after August 15 may be assigned without written confirmation.
- Other information – We are a charitable service organization. We are not affiliated with the Reno National Championship Air Races. Please do not contact the Air Races with questions.
Make Checks Payable To.
Optimist R.V. Lot
P.O. Box 148 • Reno, NV 89504 800-721-9002
We Hope To See You Again Next September!
1. ABSOLUTELY NO OPEN FIRES OR BURNING.
- We must maintain 24’ wide driveways. Vehicles obstructing driveways will be towed at owner’s expense.
- A minimum of 6’ must be maintained between R.V.’s
- Each space will receive parking stickers for 2 vehicles at the time of check-in (the R.V. plus 1). Visitors must find off-site parking or purchase daily parking from the office. Vehicles without authorized parking stickers will be towed at owner’s expense.
- Spaces are rented for R.V. parking and camping only. No viewing platforms are allowed.
- Be considerate of your neighbor. Please respect quiet time between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. No operation of power equipment (i.e. generators, etc) during these hours.
- DOG WALKERS: Dogs must be on a leash. You are responsible for cleaning up after your dog and must carry a suitable instrument for picking up feces at all times.
PLEASE CHECK OUT AT THE OFFICE IF YOU LEAVE BEFORE SUNDAY.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT RULES PROHIBIT EXHAUSTING GRAY WATER ONTO THE GROUND. VIOLATORS WILL BE FINED $100 PER DAY AND NOT ALLOWED BACK.
Reservations canceled in writing prior to September 1st are eligible for a full refund. Refund request will be processed during the month of October. No-shows and early departures are not eligible for refunds.